Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tim Kaine Screwed Up.

Governor Tim Kaine on Wednesday endorsed Fairfax County Chairman Gerry Connolly in the Democratic primary for Congress in the 11th district over Leslie Byrne.

Mistake.

I have a lot of respect for Governor Kaine, and I worked hard for his election in 2005, but I feel the urge to call him out on this bad decision. I don't have any direct connections to Leslie Byrne's Congressional campaign (clearing that up before someone attacks me for being a tool of her campaign), but I strongly support her candidacy. She's a progressive Democrat who opposed the war from the outset, and she'll be a strong voice on Capitol Hill for the residents of Northern Virginia, and Virginia in general.

I'm not going to get into the reasons I'm against Gerry Connolly (if you want to read about reasons not to vote for him, NLS has over 60 reasons why he sucks). I realize that the support of a blog with extremely low readership, stationed out of Southwest Virginia will have no impact in this fight at all, but after this extremely disappointed endorsement from Governor Kaine, I felt moved to throw my thoughts out there.

-Neal

No comments: