Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

BDP Report

Well, just got back from the party meeting downtown. I had a good time and I hope so did Kristy. I can't believe how many people in that room I knew from some place or the other. The Sheriff (spelling? sorry), my old DARE officer, the city councilman's brother, and when the roll call was called I heard the city councilman's name and my old Journalism teacher. Like Senator Burnett Maybank said, "Democrats Is Good Folk".
Jason, the Chap Petersen guy, gave me a whole lot of stuff; Several signs, lapel stickers, and more brochures than I care to count. I can tell Petersen is serious about winning votes where ever he can. Janette Puckett (Phillip Puckett's wife) was also there. She did give a nice biographical speech of her husband, and I maintain that Puckett is a great guy and my second choice.

The Puckett event that I'll still be attending is actually Wednesday. And it costs six dollars. I assume it may be a tad bit akward seeing as how I'm a big Petersen supporter down here, but I'll still be attending. Hoping Kristy does too.

Overall, this was an interesting night and informative and helpful. I say on to Primary Day, then on to the general election, then on to victory!

Nationals are FIRST IN THEIR DISTRICT. First Washington team to do so since 1933. Can I get a heck yeah?

No comments: