Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Puckett Rally? Effrayé pas.

PUCKETT RALLY
I didn't go to the Puckett rally today. It was supposed to be at 12 noon. Kristy didn't want to go to it, so I didn't go. Even if I would have wanted to go, It would have helped if I had got up before 11:45. Oh well.

INDIANA
Former Congressman and 9/11 Commission member Tim Roemer (D) is making moves to run for the U.S. Senate against incumbent Senator Richard Lugar (R). A new poll has the race at 41% for Lugar, 39% for Roemer. Lugar has served for almost 30 years, and as much as I would like for this to be a real toss-up as this poll would indicate, I kind of doubt it. Tim Roemer is a good politician and did a great job on the 9/11 Commission, not to mention he would be a great Senator, but if he wants a seat, perhaps he should wait until 2008 and hope Evan Bayh gets a spot on the national ticket.

NEW JERSEY
The right to lose. That is exactly what the former mayof of Windsor, NJ, and 2002 Senate nominee Doug Forrester won in the GOP primary for Governor. He will face Senator Jon S. Corzine (D) in the general primary in November. Corzine is heavily favored to win, and the only questions now are: 1) How big will Forrester lose by? and 2) Who will Corzine appoint to his open seat in the Senate?

CALL FOR ADVERTISEMENTS
As folks can see, my website is kind of--shall we say--bland? Yes, we shall. I'm open to posting graphics and links to any (democrat) campaign or liberal cause. I've changed my comments section so that anyone can leave comments, so if you want to place graphics and links, let me know.

No comments: