Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Monday, October 03, 2005

It's Miers

This morning, President Bush nominated White House Counsel Harriet Miers, 60, to serve on the Supreme Court, replacing Sandra Day O'Connor.

My first reaction was, "Gee, I missed the mark on guessing who it would be," although I did mention her as one of seven. (My actual first reaction was "Gee, she has scarey eyes.")

Miers has no judicial experience whatsoever, but is an experienced lawyer.

As I did with John Roberts, I'll hold off on judgement until I know more about her. She could be a Scalia in sheep's clothing, or maybe another Souter. We'll have to wait and find out.

---------------------------------------
VIRGINIA BLOG CARNIVAL 5
Woo-hoo! Another carnival! This time, naviagte your mouse to the web address bar and put in http://notlarrysabato.typepad.com/ (or click on the link), and enjoy guessing who everybody really is! (As a forewarning, you'll see names like "Not Russ Potts," "Not Jim Moran," "Not Robert Byrd," and your truly, "Not William Wampler." (Okay, so I gave mine away. Sue me.)

Neal

No comments: