Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Friday, May 12, 2006

Note To Miller: Virginia Goes Past Roanoke

I've been reading everywhere that Harris Miller is campaigning full-steam against James Webb for the Senate nomination. Folks are getting automated phone calls. The folks over at NLS say that Miller is doing campaign mailings. But have I (or my mom and dad, or any of my relatives, or anybody I personally know) received anything from Miller? Have I got a call? Did I get a piece of mail? Nope, nope, and nope.

Now, first of all, I'm fine with that. I might listen to the call, I might not. I might read the mailer, and I might not. But for folks in this area to not even get the stuff, that's just insulting. And, before anyone suggests that it has to do with the Prevail voter lists, let me dispell that. I spoke with several of our committee members (who have voted Democrat for decades, and in the Democratic primaries, so their names appear on the Prevail lists), and none of them have had any calls either.

A quick check of Harris Miller's website reveals the following cities as campaign stops: Fairfax, Winchester, Virginia Beach, Glen Allen, Williamsburg, Woodbridge, Warrenton, Vienna, and Danville. Granted, Danville isn't Northern Virginia. But most of the other eight cities are (and the ones that aren't are in the vote rich tidewater area).

Is Harris Miller conceding everything west of Roanoke? Miller likes to talk about Mark Warner and Tim Kaine an awful lot (so much so that Miller's first name could legally be changed to "MarkWarnerTimKaineAndI"), and, correct me if I'm wrong, Mark Warner won with Southwest Virginia. But, hey, Mark Warner just did a Webb fundraiser, so I guess Miller may discount his formula and may try to come up with one of his own. I hear election fraud works pretty well (ask Appalachia)...

I consider this primary to just about be all over but the shouting. The best thing Harris Miller can do for his party is attack George Allen at every turn until June 13th, then, after his loss, be a gentleman about things, endorse Webb, and work to elect him to the U.S. Senate.

4 comments:

Alice said...

You have a point, Miller should at least go to Abington. Or at least send material to people who have voted in primaries.

Anonymous said...

Abingdon

And I haven't received a call or mailer yet either (and vote in every Dem primary plus the general)but am actually fine with that!

Neal said...

Abingdon, Lebanon, Bristol, anywhere. We'd be happy to see him down here.

Anonymous said...

Neal, can you email me please...