Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Profile In Courage

Let me say that I am for confirming John G. Roberts. We need to hold fire until Bush makes a nomination to Sandra Day O'Connor's seat. To do that, we need to let Roberts slide through. But don't give him a coronation. And Ted Kennedy and Joe Biden are making sure it doesn't happen. Both Kennedy and Biden have grilled Roberts every step of the way, and pinned him down on Title IX, the Voting Rights Act, and the Right to Privacy. I applaude their devotion to the law and to the principles put forth by the founders.





See that picture above this writing? That's a real note that President Bush was writing to Condoleezza Rice during the U.N. Security Council Meeting today. Glad I'm not the only one who never pays attention in class...

Next post: Music review: "Hits I Missed...And One I Didn't" by George Jones

No comments: