Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Sunday, September 04, 2005

R.I.P. William Rehnquist


According to CNN.com, Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, aged 80, passed on just after 11:00 pm tonight in his Virginia home.

My deepest condolences go to Justice Rehnquist's family.

But in this time of sorrow, we must wonder, who will President Bush replace him with? And will John Roberts be totally forgotten and approved 94-6 or so, or will Democrats be emboldened and vote 55-45, or form a coalition with 5 or 6 liberal Republicans, and vote him down?

My thoughts:
For Chief Justice:
1-Justice Antonin Scalia
2-Justice Clarence Thomas
3-Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
4-Fmr. Attorney General John Ashcroft

I expect either Thomas or Gonzales, but I just put Ashcroft in there as pure speculation, just to see how nervy George Bush is.

Oh boy! I'll get to do that whole Supreme Court coverage spiel again!

Until tomorrow.

Neal

No comments: