Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Thursday, January 20, 2005

I-Day 2005

Today is I-Day..
Dum dum dum (cue the "Dragnet" music)
President Bush will be sworn in to a second term today. Only a few moments from the time I'm writing this.
Some people have said there should be no prayer delivered at the inauguration, but I say the day George W. Bush takes office for four more years is the day we need to pray the most.
Ok, I'm done with my Democratic rant.
Howard Dean has picked up the endorsements of the Democratic party State Chairs in Mississippi, Oklahoma, Utah, and Florida. Governor Dean is one step closer to becoming the Chairman of the DNC. (For the record, my candidate is former Indiana Congressman Tim Roemer)
Yesterday on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, the vote to approve Condoleezza Rice to be Secretary of State was 16 yeas, 2 nays. The 2 voting against were Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and John Kerry (D-MA). At least someone stood up and said what they believed.
Wisconsin Senator Russell Feingold (D) is giving a speech next week in Florida. Former North Carolina Senator (and 2004 VP Candidate) John Edwards is in New Hampshire giving speeches as we speak. Both of these events signal a 2008 Presidential run.
This is all for now. I'm gathering up SWAC information to post soon.

No comments: