Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Friday, January 27, 2006

Fifteen Candidates

I've decided to try something and see how it works. I'm going to try to follow (and support) the campaigns of fifteen Democratic/Progressive candidates, and report on how their campaign is going, where the polls are, etc.

I think in a time when politics has become so negative, it would be good to present positive news about campaigns. Ideas and solutions, not attacks and finger-pointing, are what we need the most.

So, I have 5 candidates picked out right now (They're listed below). Which ten others should I follow? The critera is basically pretty broad. I want to cover state/federal races (so no local races). I'll follow Democrats and progressive-minded Independents (Friedman is an example). I'd like it to be kind of evenly dispersed between Senate, House, and Gubernatorial races, but I doubt it will be.

(Note: I'll also be following the campaign of Rep. Rick Boucher, and, assuming he runs for Senate, James Webb, so they won't count.)

1-Phil Bredesen (D), Incumbent, Governor, Tennessee
2-Robert C. Byrd (D), Incumbent, U.S. Senate, West Virginia.
3-Kinky Friedman (I), Challenger, Governor, Texas.
4-Raúl Grijalva (D), Incumbent, U.S. House, Arizona (7th)
5-Jon Tester (D), Challenger, U.S. Senate, Montana

So what do you want to see?

-Neal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherrod Brown, Phil Angelides, Claire McCaskill, Martin O'Malley, Ted Strickland and Jennifer Granholm are a few of my favorites

Anonymous said...

oh, and Kathleen Rowley up in minnesota