Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Thursday, January 05, 2006

If I Hired The Acts...

Much has been made about the announcement that the Beach Boys will headline Tim Kaine's inaugural ball.

I'll be 100% honest and say I've never listed to a full Beach Boys song, and the only ones I have heard at least part of are "Kokomo" and another one used in a commercial.

I think the Inaugural Ball should feature Virginia acts. The Dave Matthews Band, Dr. Ralph Stanley, Jesse McReynolds and the Virginia Boys, Mac Wiseman, Bruce Hornsby, Roy Clark, Janette Carter, Tom T. Hall, etc.

Of course the huge majority of the acts I named are country/bluegrass singers, because that's my area of musical knowledge.

I would very likely turn the inaugural ball into a giant "Hills of Home" festival. But would that be such a bad thing?

-Neal

No comments: