Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

And The Winner Is...

BUSH CHOICE


Tonight at 9pm, eastern time, President Bush will make his "Supreme Announcement" (Fox News' words...not mine...) as to whom he will nominate to replace longtime moderate Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who announced her retirement on July 1st. According to CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc., the president will nominate 5th Cicuit COurt Judge Edith Brown Clement, 57, as his choice, but nobody really knows.
I'm not sure if Judge Clement is who he really will select. As regular reades will see, I've named several who I believe are excellent choices, but I honestly doubt it will be any of them. Let me name off some of the names I've heard today:
1-Edith Brown Clement (5th Circuit)
2-John Roberts (DC Circuit)
3-Michael Luttig (4th Circuit)
4-Edith Jones (5th Circuit)
5-Larry Thompson (General Counsel of PepsiCo.)
6-Diane Sykes (7th Circuit)
7-Emilio Garza (5th Circuit)
An insider Republican Senator (unnamed, but probably Chuck Grassley of Iowa, judging on the wording of the entire quote) said the administration didn't want to pick someone who could be portrayed as an "angry white man."
I'll keep an eye on this story, and later tonight, I'll comment on who Bush picked and give my views on him or her.

DEVELOPING

CNN Headline News announced at 6:33pm that Edith Clement will NOT be the nominee to the Supreme Court. More to come...

FAMILY
My grandfather is coming home tonight, after a long stay in the hospital. Thank's to everyone who prayed for him, and even though he's home, he's not out of the woods yet. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts.

-N

No comments: