Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority. - William Jennings Bryan

Friday, August 05, 2005

Just Some Good Ole Boys...

(left to right: Johnny Knoxville as Luke Duke; Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke; Sean William Scott as Bo Duke)


Tonight, I pull away temporarily from politics to talk about one of the few movies I'm looking forward to this year; The Dukes of Hazzard.

This movie has been hyped up for months. And I've been ready to see it for months. The only movie I'm looking more forward to seeing is November's Walk the Line, the Johnny Cash movie.

Dukes stars Johnny Knoxville as Luke Duke, Sean William Scott as Bo Duke, and Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke. Now, I could give greatly lurid details about Jessica Simpson's wardrobe (Google "Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke" and see for yourself), but I'll pass up the chance. Instead, I'll make mention of the great supporting cast; Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse Duke, and Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg. Heck yeah! The Red-Headed Stranger and The Bandit? Great casting on somebody's part...

Now, I assume the story will revolve around many of the TV story lines. Boss Hogg will try to take Uncle Jesse's farm, and the Duke boys, with the help of Daisy, will save the day.

And, of course, I'll get to hear some great country music along the way; It's my understanding they will use both the originial Waylon Jennings version of "Good Ole Boys", but will also use a new version recorded by Waylon's old friend, (and now Uncle Jesse) Willie Nelson.

I'll get to see it at the first showing at the new Village Theatre in the mall that was just opened--almost two dollars cheaper than the old theatre, free popcorn and pop refills, and big stadiuuum seating! Woo hoo!

POLITICS
I'll be returning to politics tomorrow, possibly discussing John Roberts, John Bolton, and John Kerry. Maybe I'll call it my "Triple J" post?

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

-Neal

No comments: